Glam Hair Makeup Skin Travel & Leisure

Makeup Bag, Cancun Edition!

I will never be a light packer! But when it comes to my makeup bag I try to keep it as minimal as possible! This Christmas we took our annual holiday family vacation in Cancun, Mexico and during the summer we vacationed in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. As I add tropical destination packing experience to my belt, I can now pack a little lighter and it feels so good!

Skin: The most important items on my list are skincare related, specially sun care for the whole family! Wether I spent the day at the beach, cruising or lounging at the pool my skin is exposed to the sun and we all know how important SPF is!

For my face I used ColoreScience All Calm Clinical Redness Corrector SPF, I love how smooth and even my skin feels and looks after applying this product.  For my body and my family’s skin care I used Clinique’s Sun line both SPF and Aftersun Rescue Balm. Another product that I religiously used was the Aloette AloePure moisturizer. With properties such as Aloe Vera, Green Tea and Chamomile my skin was fresh and hydrated all day long!

Makeup: The last thing someone is thinking about is having to wear makeup during their vacation. Vacations are about taking a break from the daily routines including putting on glam.

But I can’t leave my room without at least some eyebrows and lashes! My go to is the Brow Kit by Chella, create, perfect and set eyebrows in 3 easy steps and Pur Cosmetics Big Proof Waterproof Mascara. I like to make myself sparkle while on a dinner date  and I rely on this fun palette by ColourPop Cosmetics “Golden State of Mind” that gives me mermaid feels all day long and Cargo Cosmetics Wanderlust Palette, I mean the name says it all!

#lifehack is packing a makeup bag with deluxe products! I love deluxe products, specially the ones I receive on my monthly beauty subscriptions like IPSY and Birchbox because they are perfect for travel.

Hair: My hair is naturally curly and with the sun, pool, and salt water, hair products need to cater to my hair type, if not its a complete recipe for disaster! I find that bringing my own travel packs of deep conditioner is a lifesaver.  I was introduced to  Marc Anthony’s Hair Line at the IPSY’s Generation Beauty 2017 NYC conference. And I love how gentle and nourishing the products are for my hair. For styling I loved the new L’Oréal Elvive Extraordinary Oil, it gave my hair the manageability softness and shine I always seek for my curls. I received this product complimentary for testing

#lifehackI know hotels provide basic toiletries, such as Shampoo, Conditioner and Soap, and if you happen to go to a nice hotel, the toiletries are from a well known quality brand. But I can’t use any of it on my self! do however keep the extras to wash my makeup brushes.

13 COMMENTS
  • Whitney
    2 weeks ago

Those are some great products! I love Clinique’s Sun line myself!

• greivy
      2 weeks ago
      AUTHOR

I have been a Clinique consumer since i was a teen! I love them!

• Lydia DAntonio
    2 weeks ago

Awesome post!! I need to get some of these products!

XO http://www.lydialouise.com/

• greivy
      2 weeks ago
      AUTHOR

I have been a Clinique consumer since i was a teen! I love them!

• greivy
      2 weeks ago
      AUTHOR

I use SPF all year round, its so important!

• Delayna Denaye
    2 weeks ago

Loreal and Clinique are great brands I have used forever!
    Delayna

• greivy
      2 weeks ago
      AUTHOR

I agree, they are top quality!

• Lakeyshia Lemane
    2 weeks ago

Great post me and my family are planning on going to Guam and this post just helped me simplify things! Love it!

• Belle
    2 weeks ago

I use that hair oil too and I love it! Love your eyeshadow palette!

Belle | One Awesome Momma

• Amber
    7 days ago

I definitely want to try Clinique’s sun line (especially for my next Caribbean vacation). Thanks for sharing all this goodness.

• Leslie
    6 days ago

I’m the same way on vacation — brows and lashes are a must! hahaha, you have to feel somewhat done while you lounge by the pool. Great post, looks like you thoroughly enjoyed your time in the sun.

xx,
    Leslie / @hautemommie / http://www.thehautemommie.com

• Talisha
    6 days ago

This are great tips! I plan on going to Mexico this year so I will be looking into these products! Your pictures are beautiful 😍

• Felicia
    5 days ago

That Aloette AloePure moisturizer sounds amazing! The combination of aloe vera, green tea, and chamomile must make your skin feel so much stress and smooth. I also have the Elvive Oil. I didn’t even think to travel with it but it makes sense because the bottle is such a good size and the product is great for combating saltwater dryness.

what do you think?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

DJI Mavic Pro - Smart, Powerful, Portable

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM!

• And here is the result of using @maybelline New #totaltemptation mascara! I love the length and natural results it gives ❤️ #maybelline .
. Mascara was gifted by @maybelline x @beautycon all options are my own #honestreview #beautyblogger
  • Thanks to the help of these amazing products I’ve been able to achieve a quick bright eye look @afterglowcosmetics Under Eye Concealer @grandecosmetics Grande Primer and @maybelline #totaltempation mascara #sponso .
. For all products click link in bio .
Total Temptation Mascara is #gifted by #maybelline and @beautycon
@octoly #afterglowcosmetics
I received this product complimentary from Afterglow Cosmetics and Grande Cosmetics. The opinions are 100% my own. #GotForFree #octolyfamily #FreeWithOctoly .
  • LA VIE EST BELLE 🌹 .
Eyes:
@lauragellerbeauty  Eye Spackle Primer #laurageller .
@grandecosmetics  Grande Primer
@maybelline #totaltemptation mascara #maybelline compliments of Maybelline
@colourpopcosmetics  Element of Surprise #colourpop .
@pop_beauty kajal Pen Inky Purple #popbeauty .
@discoverfound Shape and Define Brow Pencil in Universal Taupe .
@lashfood Brow Food Tinted Brow Enhancing Gelfix in brunette #lashfood .

Face:
@saturday_skin Awake Brightening Eye Cream #kbeauty #saturdayskin compliments of Saturday Skin
@vichyusa Mineral 89 #vichy .
@yslbeauty All Hours Primer #yslbeauty compliments of YSL Beauty
#discoverfound  Setting Spray
@bobbibrown Intense Skin Serum Foundation SPF 40 shade 5.5 Warm Honey #bobbibrown .
@makeupforeverofficial Sculpting Palette #makeupforever .
@loraccosmetics Beauty & the Beast Blush Palette #lorac .
Lips:
@lancomeofficial Rose Lancôme #lancome compliments of Lancôme & @Octoly #octolyfamily #octoly
  • Punta Cana Dominican Republic and Isla Mujeres Cancún Mexico #vlogs are up in my YouTube Channel! Link in BIO 🇩🇴 🇲🇽 🌴#wanderlust #islandlife .
. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-OfiGie9UOjwf9X5gFoZpw
 #islamujeres #cancun #cancunmexico #mexico #santodomingo exploremore #stayandwander #republicadominicana #zonacolonial #puntacana #islasaona #vacation #vacationmode #vacationtime #vacaciones #familyvacation  thevisualvogue #theeverygirltravels #neverstopexploring #iamatraveler #wearetravelgirls #travelgram #wheretofindme #travelinbetween #whywetravel #whyweadventure #bossgirlsuntited
  • About last night, me & my #mcm ✨ 🥂 .
.skin glowing thanks to #antioxidanthydramist #dermalogica #contest @Influenster @dermalogica
#mixedcouples #myunicornlife #couplesgosls #newyork #newyorkcity #himandher #hisandhers #momanddad #hubby #margaritas #mojitos #cocktails
  • Tan Lines: see how I got them in the beautiful beaches of #Cancun - Link In BIO 💋 • https://youtu.be/UwKuoJmG1NI • .
 #blackgirlmagic #TGIF #beautyblogger #octolyfamily #colourpop #dominicanbloggers #jouercosmetics #stylecollective #contest #antioxidanthydramist #dermatologica @dermalogica
  • Currently loving from @givenchybeauty  this Ombré Couture Creme Waterproof Eyeshadow in the shade “Rose Dentelle”, gives my eyes a bright beautiful finish and it stays on for hours! I can’t wait to create more looks with it! And thanks to  @louboutinbeaute my nails are elegantly painting the town red in the shade “Follow The Red Line” #sponso *Waterproof eyeshadow by Givenchy Beauty available at @sephora .

I received this product complimentary from Givenchy &  Christian Louboutin
. The opinions are 100% my own. #GotForFree #FreeWithOctoly @octoly #octolyfamily  #beautelouboutin #givenchybeauty #makeupblogger #beautyblogger
  • Close your eyes and imagine the best version of you possible, that’s who you really are! Let go of any part of you that doesn’t believe it! #blackgirlmagic #youbelongnow .
#dominicanblogger #stylecollective #inwithINF #whowhatwear #whowhatwearing #myunicornlife
influnenster-greivy